Monday, February 10, 2014

Solo Cow Checking

J has been busy with the winter feeding and hasn't had time to ride so I have been keeping Brother tuned up for him.  I have an ulterior motive of course.  I think Brother is turning into a super western pleasure horse.  It had been at least a week since I rode him last and when I asked him to pick up the trot it was so slow and smooth not even any reaction of his head coming up.  I have to keep reminding myself that he won't be 3 until the end of April.   I told E, who was watching while I was riding in the barn, that I have been working all of my life to get horses to slow down, and now I have 3 that go slow naturally.  
 So after a good session in the barn, we took to the great outdoors since it was above freezing and the wind wasn't blowing.
 Brother did great around the cattle.
When I told J was a good ride we had, he said we could check the cattle twice a day when they start calving which would take at least 3 hours a day.  I said, "we'll see."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...