Friday, March 14, 2014

Just Looking, Maybe

To make up for not taking me to the horse show last week, J took me horse looking instead.  And you know I need another horse like I need a hole in the head.  But who can resist going shopping at the farm where we got Otoelene and Brother?   Plus, I was told that they only bred one mare last year so only one foal being born this year.  Any time there is a shortage, demand rises, right?  
 We started with the yearlings.  This filly was in rehab.  Apparently, she doesn't have the easy going temperament of the others so she is getting a little extra attention in the stall.
 Then there was a filly colored like Brother.
 But this very light palomino is Brother's brother.
 Then this extremely cute one is Otoelene's sister.  Can you tell I'm a little prejudice toward her.  Just look at that pretty face and big jaw.
And another pretty palomino filly.  I think I missed one in the picture taking somewhere.  I could have sworn that there were six.  It gets very confusing with all of that yellow.  
 Then we checked out the 2 year olds.  They still had Brother's brother.
And Otoelene's brother.  Are you confused yet?
It's hard to tell from this picture and this angle but they also still had a 2 year old cremello stud.  He's nice but I just can't get past the blue eyes. 
 And then there was Popcorn.  He's 4 and very stout.  He also had about 30 days of training 1 1/2 years ago.  He was even ridden in a couple of parades.
I love these horse's temperament and they are so easy to work with, but what do I need with another horse?

3 comments:

Kalin said...

Ooh, I love blue eyes!! When I see blue eyes on a horse, I typically want to throw my wallet at the people and take them home, lol!!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

You can never have too many horses!

Fiona said...

Otoelene's Sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...