Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Condition, Condition, Condition

With the Iron Mountain Jubilee Endurance Ride coming up in less than 3 weeks, J has kicked conditioning Jessica into high gear.  
 It looks like he will be doing the ride on his own this year.  With 7 horses you would think we could round up 2 good ones to ride, but nooo.
 Hank, at 18+ years old isn't 100% enough to risk.  Brother is too young, there is a 4 yr age limit,  and Otoelene's hoof goes without saying.  No way am I taking Pep before the State Show and chancing messing her up for E.  Although, E did say I could take her to the Sandhill's Stampede in October after the show.  That leaves Wrangler.  I'm just not sure at 4 that he needs to be out there racing on the trails.  He might could do it but I'm just too chicken.  It's enough right now for me to be riding him in the barn, arena and in a few fields around the farm.
 Jessica and J are getting along good.
She still has her special moments but J has a pretty good handle on how to deal with them.  Anyone want to help me crew?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...