Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas/Awards Party

Our Saddle Club Christmas party and first time awards dinner was Saturday.  The club had decided to have high point awards for 15 classes combined over three shows.  It made for a lot of work but I think it turned out pretty good. 
The awards were great.  Since we are club members we sort of got to pick out what we wanted to order for ourselves.
 E was High Point Showmanship, Western Go As You Please, and High Point Overall Horse.  She chose to take her award as cash for a college scholarship.   I rode J's horse Brother to High Point in Jr. Horse Go As You Please and Open Western Pleasure.
 I decided to combine the money from the 2 classes for one prize, this beautiful saddle pad.  It's a very heavy high quality pad and blanket combo.
 And the corner patches have one class on one side,
and the other on the opposite side.  How great is that!  I think I'll have to wait until spring to use it though.  It's way too nice to put on an old dirty horse.  The weather will have to warm up so I can give one a bath before I try it out.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

That seems like a good way to do prizes, then everyone gets what they want. Pretty pad cant wait to see you use it.

C said...

Congratulations E and K! Cool pad - I like that it is useful and still acknowledges what it was awarded for (so much better than a trophy).

Sherry Sikstrom said...

very nice! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...