Sunday, June 25, 2023

Iron Mountain Ride

 Today after church, Joe and I headed to Iron Mountain (across from Horse Heaven) for a quick trail ride.

The weather has been unseasonably cool and wet.  But today we had some sunshine so we thought it might be safe to head out.  Joe was on Hugo.

And I picked Otoelene to ride.  (She is not that short, I am just up hill a bit)
Everything went well, no drama and we managed to not get rained on.  A group the rode the Horse Heaven loop at the same time got soaked.
I saw several different kinds of wild flowers.  These are Indian pipes,
Galax,
And a bit blurry but this one is cancer root.
Otoelene has been staying in the fat lot since early spring.  I think this is the most in shape she has looked since she was three.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Otolene is a beauty!
I have never heard of cancer root, now I'm gonna have to google it.

C said...

I'm impressed with your identifying and photographing these plants from a horse.

Otoelene looks very sharp

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...