Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Just Another Tuesday

The bottle goats have not been doing good with eating grain.  The feed trough I have been using is broken and they just jump up in it and stomp around.  As soon as a hoof touches a piece of grain it is no longer desirable to a goat. So a lot of grain has been going to waste. 

 So this morning I made a new one.  I used thin strips of wood so they can’t stand on it easily.
And left just enough room for theirs heads to fit.  Tonight, they finished all the grain, yay!

We have just a handful of cows left to calve.  One was in labor today.  After checking on her a couple of times Joe didn’t think things were progressing much. So we go her up and checked on things.
Everything was in place but she just wasn’t trying.  So we went ahead and pulled it.
He was really big and was standing when I went back to check after a couple of hours. 
Then, while doing some weeding, I met a black snake.  He is still out there somewhere getting ready to surprise me again.
I also rode Draper, Joe and I worked in the garden, and Joe mowed the lawn at the triplex.  As I said, just another Tuesday.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Uggh snakes.... my brothers used to throw garter snakes at us girls. Rotten brothers.
Pretty full day for you! Lovely day lilies.

C said...

Sounds like a weeks worth to me.


That black snake looked massive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...