Friday, April 13, 2018

Tempting Bees

 As you probably remember, all our bees died out this winter.  But they left us with hives full of honey and comb.  So I decided to try to see if I could tempt a swarm into showing up and taking up house keeping.   I have been waiting for the weather to warm up, which it finally has, YAY!
 I took one of the hive bodies and did a sort of checker boarding.
 I put in some new frames, wax coated black plastic,
 some drawn comb,
 and some honey.
I also moved the potential bee yard to the other side of the house, hoping it would be less out of the wind in winter.  And I made a stand, you can see there is room for expansion.  Now what bee wouldn't be  happy here?

1 comment:

C said...

My fingers are crossed for you. I assume you have let your bee guy know you are interested in a swarm. Didn't you offer him extra swarms that showed up in the past?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...