Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Sounds Like A Job For Otoelene

J  started the  Sandhills Shuffle today, moving cows that haven't calved onto new pasture and leaving the cows with calves behind in the old field.  Well, two cows yet to calve didn't cooperate.  
 So Otoelene and I took off to get them.  She really seems to enjoy this kind of work.  The pair were on a very steep hillside and were a bit difficult to get together and going in the same direction.  But Otoelene stuck with it and soon we had them heading up the hill. 
 I thought they might try to cut back, but we were able to keep them going the right way until they were with the other cows. 
 Two of which had already calved since the move,
 with no drama. 
Then I decided to set up the round pen.  Even though Draper is doing great with me riding at a walk, I think it would be a good idea to have her a little more contained at first for the faster speeds.  She was curious on her own and already has checked everything out.  Maybe I will get around to riding her in it this weekend. 

1 comment:

C said...

Otoelene working it and Draper always stepping up. Nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...