Monday, April 9, 2018

Just In Time

Looks like moving the goats to the kidding field happened just in time. 
 The next day we had a set of triples and a single.  Since the weather was so bad, we moved those to inside the barn. 
 It was cold with snow and freezing rain.  Those baby goats are all fine so far. 
 Then today I found 3 singles and a set of twins.  As I walked through the field I found this nanny that just had one.
 Then this yearling that just had this one.
 Then I turned around and the nanny had a second one. 
 Then I kept hearing a baby goat down past the yearling.  I finally saw this one on the other side of the fence.
 I guess she had had this one before I got there and it had rolled down the hill. 
 So I took a little trip though the fence to get this pair back together.
We have been worried about how the puppies would handle the baby goats.  So far so good, although they are trying to play with them.  When a 90 pound dog puts its paw on a 4 pound goat, it's a little rough. 
The dogs have been doing a fabulous job keeping the goats safe.  But J did see a coyote the other morning.  He grabbed his gun and took off.  One shot and he had him.  
Kid count:  13

1 comment:

C said...

The little baby goats are adorable. The shot with the "puppy" was very sweet. I'm glad you were able to rescue the little one who rolled though the fence. J is a one shot wonder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...