Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Endurance Challenge

There is a chance that I might take V's horse Jessica on a 25 mile limited distance endurance ride at the end of the month.  I've been riding a lot to get her in shape.  
Today, J took me to a nearby trail so I could see how she would do trotting out by herself.  I thought the trail was only 4 1/2 miles so I was trying to do it in an hour but it took and hour and 20 min.  When I got home I looked it up on the map and it was 6 1/2 miles so I was much more pleased with the time.  If we can keep up that pace for 25 miles, we might have a chance to finish within the time limit.  I told the family I would need a lot of help at the end, someone to take care of  the horse and someone to take care of me.

1 comment:

C said...

Go K go. I'm sure your family will step up.

I miss V and E. I had a good time when they came to visit. Tell E there is still a little life left in "old smokey" and she needs to come back for another campfire. Bone up on the ghost stories (and don't laugh at mine).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...