Monday, June 22, 2015

St. Jude Ride

Our local saddle club sponsored a fundraiser ride for St. Jude Saturday.  About 35 rider participated and it was a beautiful day.  However, when we arrived I was greeted by my friend whose horse had gone down in the trailer as she had pulled into the parking area.  
 She had already gotten help to get her up and out of the trailer but wanted me to take a look at a cut she had sustained.  Luckily it was only through the skin.  I thought that if I could get a couple of quick stitches in it would heal better.  Inny (the horse)  however, had a different plan.  She only wanted one suture.  There was no way, without sedation, that I was getting more in.
 So, after hosing it out, packing it with antibiotic ointment and bandaging it, we were off for a 3 hour ride.  I am going to have to rethink and replenish my emergency kit.  Didn't have everything that would have made it better.
 I managed to misplace my camera prior to the ride so these were taken from Inny's owner's FB page.  I later found my camera in the driveway where I had ducked under our electric fence.  It had rained 1.3 inches but it was still ok.  That was the great part, IT RAINED at home but not where we were on the trail ride.  That is almost unheard of.
I rode Brother and J rode Jessica.  Inny was very attracted to Jessica as was Brother so in this section where Inny was between Brother and Jessica I was having a bit of a struggle.  When we finished I think Brother could have done the whole thing again double time.  It's looking more and more like he might be my choice for the endurance ride in August.  We were then greeted back at camp with hot dogs and hamburgers and fellowship.  What a wonderful way to spend the day and all for a good cause.

1 comment:

C said...

Sounds like a nice time. Glad you got rain (and that your camera was ok).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...