Once again, Joe had everything lined up to work like clockwork.
But there was still a lot of pushing, tugging and shoving to get 77 head loaded on 4 trailers for the short trip to the farm across the river where they have cattle scales and a loading area large enough for a tractor trailer.
At the neighbor's barn, they were sorted in to groups of 10ish,
run onto the scales,
and weighed.
The tractor trailer got backed in
and bedded for the cattle.
52,515 pound were loaded into 7 different compartments for the 22 hour trip.
I hope they all had their mooving buddy.
and weighed.
The tractor trailer got backed in
and bedded for the cattle.
52,515 pound were loaded into 7 different compartments for the 22 hour trip.
I hope they all had their mooving buddy.
This was the list the trucker gave us of the number in each group for each compartment.
If you look closely, you can see the trucker straddled over the entrance. He was making sure the cattle kept going to the right spot and then he could jump down and close off whatever compartment they just filled.
Now we just need them to put up a cattle cam in the feedlot so Joe can keep up with them for the next 8 months.
As a bonus, the fog lifted and I was able to get a picture of our house from a spot I don't get to see too often.
There it is, those two white dots. 













No comments:
Post a Comment