Saturday, December 23, 2023

Most Unusual Nativity

I was in the State Surplus Store the other day and found a most unusual nativity.

 It has a label for Museum of the Bible.  The original price was $51.  The surplus store price was $15.  
All the pieces were wrapped up and inside the coconut.  I didn’t know if all the pieces were even there.  But I took a chance and bought it.  When I went to pay I commented on hoping that it was a complete set.  They charged me $10 and said the discount was in case something was missing.  I lucked out, it was all there.  

And by all, I mean some very confusing nativity figures.  I’m not sure what the pointy hat people are, I read villagers on a blog somewhere. 
Then there is this strange assortment of animals.  They could be about anything.  
But the most unusual is this grey headed thing.  I have no clue what this represents.  The set is from Haiti so I am guessing it could be some sort of witch doctor.  But whatever it is, the set is very unique and an interesting addition to my nativity collection.

1 comment:

C said...

This is just so strange. I would assume it was a one of a kind. But to hear it was sold by a museum AND the original price was $51 - that just seems nutty. Definitely most unusual.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...