Friday, December 29, 2023

Christmas Centerpiece Pinerest Success

Once again I took some decorating inspiration from Pinterest.  This time I was looking for a centerpiece idea that wasn't too tall to see over when everyone was seated. 
What I came up with involved a pool noodle, a broom stick and plenty of shatterproof ornaments.  I contemplated whether or not to do it and Virginia said, "if you don't like it what are you out, a dollar?"  I said maybe $2.  The noodle was 10 cents and the ornaments were on clearance at DG last year for 25 cents a package. 
It looked like I would have enough for the project so I went for it.  The broom stick was to put inside the noodle to keep it straight.  
Then there was a lot of hot gluing to be done.  But it left lots of gaps to fill in. 

I had some pinecones that worked well.  I also had some Christmas greenery picks that I cut up and stuffed in the gaps. 
Lastly, I cut bits of tinsel and poked down in most of the remaining holes. 
I think it turned out spectacularly.  It was just the right height to not interfere with table conversations.  One guest asked how I was going to store it.  I guess I will just have to find a way.  I think it is another Pinerest success!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Well done! You could store it by wrapping it in plastic? Maybe a plastic table cloth? And standing it upright in a closet.

C said...

Good ideas from Shirley.

I think it is a great piece. A one of a kind decoration that will become a Christmas tradition to get out display.

Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...