Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Afternoon Ride and Cattle Check

J had wanted to load up a bunch of old fence posts this afternoon until I suggested we go riding and he could check the cattle.  I'm not really sure the last time he road with me but it was probably back in the fall.
Brother had just had his shoes reset this morning and was still in the barn lot with Otoelene, so easy enough to catch and go.
 I've been riding Brother around some to keep him ready for J but this was the biggest outing for him too since the fall.
 We found 2 new calves and another cow getting ready to calve.
 We then circled around the back of the farm,
and around the road and back home.  Brother did great and I think J enjoyed the ride better than picking up posts.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I think I like anything better than picking up posts, specially riding :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...