Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Blazing Weekend

I had collected a large pile of limbs last year down in an area that was hard to drive the 4-wheeler through because of all the debris.  I had also been waiting until I had company and smore stuff before burning it.  Well, I had company but sadly no smores but we burned it anyway. 
 M and V came Sunday to hang out and watch the VA Tech, WV football game, (Go Hokies!)  We had a little time to kill so we decided to burn the pile.  It was a short hike from the house.  There is no gate near that location so we always just get up on the tire trough and climb over the fence.  J is still pretty limber.
 The cattle in the field took notice and came running.  These will be heading out west tomorrow for the feedlot.
 I think they spooked a little bit as V climbed the fence.
 J had the pile blazing in short order.  I had plenty of old cardboard stuff I had been saving to recycle.  It got put to use though as the fire starter.
 It was probably a good thing that I didn't try to make smores.  It was so hot we couldn't get within 20 feet.
There are still plenty of sticks and brush in other areas if anyone is interested in another bonfire.

1 comment:

C said...

You put on great bonfires!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...