Saturday, August 11, 2018

This Week In The Garden

There has been lots going on this week in the garden. 
 The tomatoes have come in full force.  V helped me can 7 quarts today.  I would have done more but I didn't have anymore lids. 
 Okra anyone?  I tried stir frying some with onions, garlic and peppers.  J took one piece and followed it with a big bit of toast.  Then he said, "See, I ate some okra."  I thought it was ok, but not my favorite.  The plants are doing great.
 The cucumbers did their quick dying thing and I pulled them all up.  The grape vine has taken over the frame now.
 Something is eating my beans, well the leaves anyway. 
 The peppers are doing good, both the green peppers
 and the banana peppers.
 I just don't understand the mandevilla vine.  It said it should grow to 9 - 12 feet.  It still hasn't gotten any taller than the original trellis.  But the blooms have been beautiful.
And then, just because it was a pretty sky, Bea (background) and Jewel.

1 comment:

C said...

looks like some really good eating. Nice addition to the end of the report.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...