Sunday, August 26, 2018

Draper Update and Bottle Goat Walk

I am having trouble getting any photographic evidence of how Draper is doing, so you will just have to take my word for it that she is wonderful.  I did have a slight set back a couple of weeks ago when she wanted to start rearing up at the canter.  It was very confusing because I wasn't pulling, just asking for forward motion.  When she would start to rear I would pull her around to the side because I was afraid she would come over backwards.  Since I have never had this problem before I did what anyone would do, search Google.  One solution that I came up with was to just keep asking for her to go forward.  It seems counterintuitive to push forward when a horse is acting up but it seems to have worked.  No more episodes like that.  
 Then I was lucky enough to have V visit yesterday.  I have only been riding Draper around by herself so I thought it would be good to have V ride Hank with me.  We rode around it the barn a little bit then headed for the outdoor arena.  This was the 3rd time I have taken her over there.  She really did great.  She got a little excited when I was cantering and Hank cantered past but nothing out of control.  Looks like the next step is hauling her somewhere.
 Then in the evening J and I had to walk across the hill to try to get a calf.  It was a beautiful evening.
 And the bottle goats took the opportunity to walk with us.  I know this give J much joy and happiness.
 The goats enjoyed eating on the taller weeds further away from the barn.
 I never got around to trying to name any from this batch.
We had no success getting the calf to come across the hill so we headed back with our little band of goats.

1 comment:

C said...

Glad to hear that Draper is doing so well. Loved the pictures of J as "pied piper" to the bottle goats.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...