Saturday, August 25, 2018

Raking Grass

Unbelievably I have been having to rake the grass when it has been mowed every week this summer.
 This is unprecedented.  We have had so much rain that I have lost track.
 I still put the clippings in the garden.  This is where the broccoli was.  The grass will help keep the weeds down.  Maybe I won't have as much chick weed in the spring.
 Whenever I am raking the grass I think about my grandmother and all the raking she did in their large yard.   Grandpa would mow the grass, then go back over it to put it is wind rows so it would be easier for grandma to rake.  Even after they got a grass catcher for the mower, she would still be able to find something that needed raking.
She had a rake that was shorter than most which suited her since she was shorter than most.  It is hard to tell from the picture, the the tines have been worn down until they are almost flat.   That takes a lot of raking.

2 comments:

C said...

This brought back memories of my very hardworking grandmother. Thanks for this post.

Alica said...

The rain this year has been unbelievable!! I feel like I should be mowing every 3 or 4 days, and that never happens this time of year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...