Saturday, January 26, 2019

Coupon Saturday #24

 There are more ways to save than just coupons.  A couple of years ago I was disgusted how my satellite tv bill continued to creep higher and higher.  It was up to $87 and I had just gotten another notice that it was going up again.  I called and complained to no avail so I cancelled it altogether.   I found live streaming stations on the internet, tried Sling TV, and had Netflix.  A week later, I got a notice that Direct TV wanted me back and they had a deal.  My new bill was $21.  When the year was up, the creep started again. 
 I was up to $59 and another notice that it was going up another $3.00.  This time when I called I didn't have to go through cancelling, they just lowered it.
New bill,  $27.66.  Now we will see what happens next year.
 But there is always couponing too. 
I was able to get $12.75 of Aleve for just 75 cents.   The Suave was free with digital coupons. (different receipt)
 Dollar General also had all Christmas items on clearance for 25 cents.  Who could pass that up?  J loves the cranberry sauce and I am ready for some punkin pies.
 I am also ready for some secret Santa gift exchanges. 
 And the house can smell like Christmas all winter.
 In all I splurged and spent $5 for $73 worth of Christmas stuff. 
But this was my biggest success this week.  An all digital coupon deal at Dollar General. 
I was a big spender with 6 cents out of pocket.  It is really hard to stay out of the store when they are just giving me stuff. 

2 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

Never ceases to amaze me what you can get free with coupons down there - never up here or I'd be seriously into it. I saw a photo the other day of an overflowing shopping cart that was captioned "What $100 buys in the US" and another with not even enough items to cover the bottom of the cart captioned "what $100 buys in CA" - sad but true.

C said...

Dollar General is insane! 6 cents!!

Great work on getting your Satellite bill down. It is so frustrating when these companies ratchet up their prices.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...