Friday, March 22, 2019

So, Apparently There Is A Weight Limit

It has been some time since the saucer sleds have been used by V and E in the snow.  I have found that they slide pretty good without the snow.  So, I have since been repurposed into moving all sorts of things, like baby goats, a couple of calves, dirt, cinder blocks but mostly, rocks.  It's hard to tell how many rocks I have slid around on this saucer, until 
 this big one.
 There were some little cracks from previously too big rocks, but this was bad.
 It was the end of the sled.
 And it left me with I rock too big for me to lift, in the gate opening.
 So I improvised with some cardboard and a lariat. 
 And managed to get it to where I was going.  Fortunately, it was all downhill. When I had originally laid out the mulched areas we were mowing with a push mower.  Since getting the riding mower, that grass pathway is just too narrow.  I decided to mulch the entire area and replace the grass path with a rock path.
 That cardboard came in handy.  It was about the size of the rock which made it easier to use as a pattern to dig up the sod.
 Then with a little more effort,
my first rock was in place.  I don't think the other rocks I use will be as large.  I only have one more saucer sled and I don't want to break that one.

1 comment:

C said...

I love that you found such a good reuse of the saucer sled. Sorry to see it go but it put in a lot of good rounds before its demise. The rock path is off to a great start.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...