Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Scarface

Marker #4  on the Okefenokee Swamp Island Drive, "This pond is a popular area to observe alligators. "
So of course I got out and was peeking through the brush trying to see an alligator.  A truck pulled up and the driver got out and started calling for what I assumed was a dog.  I hadn't seen a dog and looked around and saw.....
this walking out of the pond instead. 
The driver said he had been shot in the head at one point and so he called him Scarface. (I don't see the scar though)  He said he didn't know how to call an alligator so just started calling to him like a dog. 
From a distance he doesn't look that menacing.  I asked the driver how close he gets and he said, "this is as far as I let him."
He was throwing out biscuits for him, 
and Scarface was gobbling them up.
Gulp! 
I didn't report him though, I'm no tattle tale.  Plus, I enjoyed the show. 

Up next, Fernandina, Georgia.  

1 comment:

C said...

Wow. Great pictures. You seem way too close for my comfort - but that could just be your camera zoom. Still - yikes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...