Friday, January 15, 2021

Getting Vaccinated

You know this is for the cattle and not us.  
The calves have been weaned and are eating feed well.  It's almost time to send them out west to the feedyard.  
But first we needed to sort out the ones going from the ones staying.  We will keep back some replacement heifers and the smaller end of the calves. 
I think they look pretty good this year.  
Maggie came down to watch for a bit. 
It was nice to have E here to help.  
With her working the headgate, all I had to do was draw up 3 shots to give.  There was one bad thing that happened though.
You can see how much mud there is.  Well, we were trying to get some into the barn when a heifer stopped and spun in front of me flinging the nasty mud at and on me.  It even landed on my teeth.  I think I kept spitting for the next 15 minutes.  Just one of the hazards of working with livestock. 
Anyway, the rest of the work proceeded without incident.  Now they will be ready to go on their trip,  ETD Jan. 26th. 
 

1 comment:

C said...

Yuk on the mud. I hope all goes well for their upcoming trip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...