Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Car Camping Box

E starts a new short term job in Texas in a month.  She plans on driving there and visiting some family and friends along the way.  She is also planning on visiting several parks and camping with her car.  So she asked for a box to hold her stove and kitchen supplies.  
This is what I came up with. 

This was the drawing E presented to me with her idea of what she wanted.  I'm just saying, she is lucky to have gotten anything with that as a blueprint.  So here goes...

Stage one, the door opens to act as a little table.  There is a shallow top drawer and a deep middle drawer.  Maybe she would just need a surface to make a sandwich.  
But the main idea was a place for her camp stove.  Stage 2 pulls out the stove, but even with full drawer extensions, it wasn't far enough. 
So stage 3 pulls out the stove further so now it can be hooked to the propane tank. 
Stage 4 reveals a table area.  
Or the table can be flipped up to make it shorter.  
E came to test it all out.  
There was some trial and error with the stove but we finally figured out how to light it.  
E said it looked like Inspector Gadget made it.  I'll take that as a complement.  All the wood was scraps I have saved from various things.  I did have to buy the drawer glides.  That was something new for me to install.  It helped to watch a Youtube video.  Much better than trying to read the instructions.  Hope it works out for her car camping adventures. 

 

2 comments:

C said...

I think this looks fantastic. E looks all set. I bet she will love it.

Shirley said...

Great idea! And well executed! The only thing you might want to add is a removeable leg for the table, in case it slopes down too far if she puts a heavy pot or frying pan on it.
I'll have to show my husband!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...