Sunday, January 31, 2021

Round One and Round Two

Round one, 
It started snowing Wednesday night. 

By midnight the power was out and I had to go to work Thursday.  When there is no power there is no water either.  We do have gas logs in the house and a wood stove in the garage so we have heat covered.
I decided to take the Rav to work since it was outside already and I wouldn't have to deal with the garage door without power.  The snow as beautiful sticking to everything.  There as about 6 inches of it. 
But when I got to the pine trees this was blocking the way.
So I backed back up the driveway to the house. (I actually didn't drive all the way to the tree;  I stopped as soon as I saw it and walked down to inspect the situation)
Anyway, I brought J with the chainsaw back to get the tree moved out of the way.
With the road clear, I headed on to work.  But when I called home that evening the phone wasn't working.  So now there was no power and no phone.  The power thankfully was restored on Friday around 2 pm.  And the phone came back on Saturday.  All just in time for round 2 - 5 more inches of snow Sunday morning! 
 

1 comment:

C said...

Those are some beautiful snow pictures. But the tree across the road - ugh. Great to have J take care of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...