Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Different Methods

The beach trip is over (insert frowny face).  But I returned home to a bumper crop of blackberries.  We ate a bunch.  Then picked about 3 quarts which was all I wanted to deal with tonight. 
I am trying 3 different freezing methods.  The small jar is just packed with prefrozen berries.  (rinsed, dried, placed on cookie sheet and put in freezer for about 45 minutes.). The bag is the same, just in a bag instead of jar.  Then the last two are prefrozen berries, packed into jars then a sugar syrup poured over top.  I really like this method for making blackberry lemon aid.  It is quite the treat. 

1 comment:

C said...

I have never heard of black berry lemonade but it sounds very tasty. Freezing in a jar sounds like it could be rough if the glass breaks but it also is a very reusable method. I'm interested to hear how your experiment turns out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...