Friday, October 6, 2023

Three For Hugo

I managed three rides on Hugo this week.
Then weather has been nice - sunny, dry and warm.  The flies haven’t been bad.  And the leaves are starting to change.
There are still some pretty wildflowers blooming.   Hugo did fairly well, no bolting or balking.  He still needs lots more miles but he is not hard to ride.  He is probably getting better but it is very gradual.
 
I was pretty proud of him making it past these 8 Rhodesian Ridgebacks that were barking their heads off, running back and forth and jumping up on the fence.  It worries me what might happen if they ever get out while I am passing by.   There is always something to worry about while on a horse. 

2 comments:

C said...

"8 Rhodesian Ridgebacks that were barking their heads off, running back and forth and jumping up on the fence"

yikes! yikes! yikes! - that is frightening. Kudos to Hugo for not bolting or balking

Shirley said...

They are more likely to spook at a rock than other animals. At least in my experience.
I've had to deal with loose dogs running at my horse and barking, I usually turn to face them and start approaching the dogs- most of them will back off. Not sure about a pack of 8 though! That would be rather terrifying.
Lots of rides will make Hugo a better boy! You sure have some nice riding weather.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...