Sunday, October 8, 2023

Another Disappointment

A couple of months ago I made the decision to breed Draper.  I am still not comfortable riding her so instead of worrying about riding I thought I might just breed her and at least she would be doing something.  Next came trying to find a stallion.  I wanted to breed her to a paint since she is a registered solid paint and I didn’t want to have to deal with shipped semen.  So that meant something not too far away.  
And look what I found just 5 minutes away.  My farrier that drives right past this farm every day didn’t even know there was a stallion there.   I liked that he has such a calm laidback temperament.  Draper spent a month there. 

 I just has her ultrasounded Friday.
I’m sure you can’t tell anything from the picture but it was in the title, disappointment, not pregnant.  Looks like I will have to get an earlier start next year.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Well darn! Hope she catches next time. Looks like that stallion will be homozygous for colour, judging from the "cat tracks" that are a tell tale.

C said...

The stallion seems quite striking. Disappointing but at least you know he is close.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

dang! It was a funny year for breeding, for us here too. I had high hopes for an Andee Beamer cross, but Silly Andee wouldn't give Mr handsome the time of day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...