Friday, August 23, 2024

Cuterebra

A client was feeding some stray cats and noticed one had a swollen nose.  It took her a couple of weeks to be able to catch it. 
Yes, I would say the nose was swollen.  The vet that saw it could not hold the kitten and look in its nose at the same time, so she had me look.  I had to video what came out....

 

fair warning            

very graphic image ahead  

proceed at your own risk


 Poor thing has to feel better after that.  And yes, that is the biggest one I have ever seen. 

Here is a link for information on cuterebra in case you are interested after seeing one.  CLICK HERE

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Huh! That's interesting! Similar in ways to the bot flies on horses, only their larvae go into the horse's digestive system. Those bot flies are horrid and drive the horses crazy.

C said...

For whatever reason, I see only a video of your granddaughter on a horse. I googled Cuterebra and found a video of removal - yikes! You gave fair warning. Interesting information.

Poor little kitty but thank goodness for your work.

C said...

Yikes - now I see the video. That poor kitty. Thank goodness they got the poor thing to the vet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...