Friday, October 11, 2024

Aurora Borealis

With all of the hype on facebook about the northern lights being visible in our area, I put on my ski pants and coat after dark and went outside to take a look. 
I could see with my eyeballs that there was a little different tint to the sky. But the colors really showed up in the pictures from my iPhone. 
There was definitely a demarcation between regular sky and tinted sky. 
Molly came running and barking until I spoke to her. Then she laid down for her picture to be taken. 

It was a lot of fun trying to get good pictures. 
I love how the stars showed up too. 
Looking to the south was a different story. No purple and pink tints that way. 
I think this was my favorite.  Maybe I will walk a different direction tonight if it is still visible. 




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...