Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Change Of Plans

I decided a couple of weeks ago to quit pursuing my plan to enter Hugo in a limited distance endurance ride.  We started out doing great with conditioning, but then between the hurricane/flood, Emily’s wedding and life I just wasn’t managing enough riding time.  It wasn’t fair to Hugo to continue to push him into something he wasn’t going to be ready for.
I will say that the extra time that I had already put in has paid off.  Hugo seems to be more comfortable going everywhere at different speeds.  But he is still hard to catch. 
And now I don’t have to feel guilty on the days I choose to ride Otoelene.  Maybe I will look for another ride in the Spring.
 

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Changing plans is just fine! I do that a lot! Life does get in the way sometimes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...