Saturday, October 7, 2017

Driving Draper

With Draper still too young to ride, I have been trying to come up with other things to expose her to. 
 Yesterday, I decided to start working on line driving.  Since she has had no problem with the hunter saddle, I put the stirrup leathers on with no stirrups and ran the long lines through the leathers.  My biggest challenge with just getting through to her that I wanted her to move forward, away from me.  It didn't take long for her to figure it out and we were walking all around the barn.  Never once did she spook or kick at the ropes.  Such a good girl.
 So while yesterday's lesson was still fresh in her mind, I did some more diving today.  We even ventured outside this time.
 As soon as she knows what to do, she goes on and does it.  Such a joy to work with.
 Then, because J had the stock trailer out, we practiced loading and unloading.
 I think she has this pretty well down pat too.
She even backs off with no drama.  What should I do with her next?

2 comments:

C said...

And I thought Otoelene was a dream! Wow.

Such a stark contrast to your mustang experience.

Virginia Reasor said...

I will volunteer to get on her

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...