Monday, October 23, 2017

Nature Confusion

I guess I could have titled this, In Bloom at the 4R''s. 
Because this day lily is really confused.  The rest of them finished blooming in June.  It's nice to be able to enjoy a little surprise every now and then.  
 It is also time to start working on mulch.  This is a monumental job for my yard.  Next to the house I use pine needles.  It would be nice to just go out and buy a bale of needles but that is just not in my nature when there are free ones to be had.  Unfortunately, the free ones are on the steepest parts of the farm.   And pine needles are really slick.  It is a work out carrying a bucket of needles up the hill to the 4-wheeler then heading back down for more.  I often think about how useless it is for people to work out in gyms.  There is so much work to do here.  Maybe I could find a way for people to pay me to come workout.
Anyway, it always looks nice afterwards.  I have gotten one truck load of regular mulch that J helped me spread, but it looks like I might be needing at least one or maybe two more.  Maybe next weekend we can finish that job up.

2 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

I'd be willing to guess we've had lower temps than what you've had yet, but still my daylillies are trying to bloom too!

C said...

More behind the scenes on why your yard looks so good. I have used thoughts of "why get a gym membership when there is so much yard work to be done". But instead of getting a great yard, I don't do the yard work AND I don't join a gym. Well at least I'm not paying to not exercise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...