Friday, July 6, 2018

This Week In The Garden, Plus Draper Update

When you leave for 6 days, the garden can sure go crazy.  Thanks though to M for doing some hoeing in it while we were gone, or else it would have been totally out of control. 
 I saw vines running out of the beans before we left and said to J that I didn't think these beans were runners but he said they were.  So I tried to get the vines trained to the row.  But when we got back, they were all over the place and running into the peppers.  It was then I discovered it was a morning glory.  That was something to untangle. 
 The broccoli is finally starting to make a head.
 And the okra is beginning to take off. 
 The tomatoes are crazy wild.  J had them staked and looking so nice but now I don't think I can even walk down the rows. 
 And the cucumbers, there are just too many vines.  I had bought a 4 pack, but each spot had 2 plants so this is 8 plants total. 
 And they are going every which way. 
 I spent about half an hour untangling them from the impatiens, broccoli, tomatoes and okra. 
And look what I found, all sizes and shapes.  I thought they were suppose to be Burpless but they look like something else to me. 
 And my flower border is outdoing itself.  Can you tell I am partial to pinks and purples?
As for Draper, she is now the proud owner of 4 new shoes!  (yes, I spend more on horse shoes in a year than on my shoes for a life time, but those are my priorities.) She stood there like a pro.  Hopefully now, I will be able to start some outdoor riding and maybe even a trail ride. 

2 comments:

C said...

Your garden is doing so well. I see some excellent eating ahead for you all!

Good luck with Draper and her new shoes.

Mrs Shoes said...

Is the ground really rocky or rough where you live? Just wondering why they need shoes to trail ride?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...