Sunday, September 9, 2018

If Blue Is The New Black Then Why Is It Purple

I was looking for some black paint to use on a new yard art project (more on that when I finish it).  So, I headed to Lowe's to check out their clearance paint rack. 
I found this can that said, "New Black" on the label and the sample looked black. It was $8 off original price and was a primer/paint in one.  I thought it was going to be a score. 
 Then I painted with it and I am going with blue not black.

 The paint brush handle is black, at best the color could be a blue/gray but definitely not black.  I might just have to just it as a primer and search more for maybe an Old Black.
 Then I thought I would try out this Blu-Kote on Otoelene's hooves.  Another blogger is using it on her horse's cracked hooves with great success.
 Otoelene's feet have been worse, but I don't ever want to go there again.  I would really like for the hoof wall to stop flaking off below the nails.  And what color do you think Blu-Kote is?
 That looks purple to me.
So the experiment begins.

2 comments:

sarahczspots said...

I hope the BluKote works for you too! It's cheap enough that it sure can't hurt to try! Frustrating about the paint from Lowe's, but you never know what you'll get with those pails it seems!

C said...

Where did the paint dot on the "new black" come from? Precision color indeed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...