Saturday, October 27, 2018

Saturday So Far

It's not even 3:00 and I already have several successes.  I managed to fix my leaky kitchen faucet!  Surprisingly, I had the springs and washers necessary for the job.  It had gotten to the point where J was putting a pop bottle under the drip to catch the water.  So I figured it was time to do something about it. 
 We had a beautiful sunrise that made it look like the mountain was on fire.
 I decided it would be a good day to ride Draper.  Of course the horses were all up on top of the steep hill in front of the house.  Just more farmersizing I guess.  Some goats were hanging out up there also.  Sad update on the coyote goat.  She died that first night.  I never like having to give those updates.
  It was a little odd to see the five old horses all laying down and Draper being the one standing up.
 And piggy Otoelene still eating.  I had a really good ride on Draper.  Walk, trot, canter, working on lateral movement and I brought the tarp out to work on spooky stuff.  She has absolutely no fear of the tarp.  The biggest problem is trying to get her to walk over it without putting it in her mouth.  Then a short trip down the driveway and back.  She didn't even try rushing down the hill back to the barn, lovely. 
 I have been checking out Pinterest for some projects to make.  I sort of morphed two ideas into one for the welcome sign.  I made one of these before but in black and no cow head or twine accent (seen HERE) I think I like this one better.
Then I tried a smaller HOME sign.  I already had the pained board.  I tried black letters first, then white.  I settled on the white with black outline.  Not sure if I like it or not.  It may end up at a Secret Santa.
Off to bake some cookies.

1 comment:

C said...

Much to comment on:
Nice work on the faucet - I'm sure it is good to get rid of such an aggravation.

Very sorry to hear the fate of the poor goat who you rescued.

Draper is a young whipper snapper.

Otoelene does look fat in that picture.

Nice job on the signs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...