Monday, October 15, 2018

Tingleys

With all this wet weather, my overboots have been getting a workout.  I commented to J that I think I like my Tingleys better than my Muckboots.  He said those aren't real Tingleys just imitations.
How do you know that I asked?  He said Tingleys have a big rubber button not metal snaps.   Well, it just so happened that I had a box of  "new" Tingleys. 
 J said that Tingleys don't come in that kind of box.  I beg to differ because it clearly says Tingley on the box. 
 Granted, at $6.50 this may be a pretty old box.
 And what do you know, a big rubber button.  J was right as usual. 
But maybe they have been in the box a little too long.  The back split open when I tried to put them on.  Sometimes it doesn't pay to save things.   But I do think I will keep the box. 

3 comments:

Alica said...

I remember wearing Tingleys when I was a girl on the farm, with their big rubber buttons! But now it's Muck Boots all the way! I like to be able to slip them of quickly and be in my stocking feet in the house. Regardless which we wear, they've definitely been getting used hard this year, with all the rain!

C said...

J is in the know.

A shame about the boots. I guess they suffered the same rubber breakdown that experts also say happens to old tires.

Mrs Shoes said...

$6.50... yeah you hung onto those a looooong time. I think rubber boots are definitely in the double figures these days. But hey, maybe you can get a coupon?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...