Tuesday, November 26, 2019

My Johnny West Horse

The farrier was here the other day.  I had the shoes pulled off Hank and Jessica for the winter, but I kept shoes on Otoelene and Draper.  
 When it was Drapers turn, she decided to throw her tail up and take off running around the lot.
I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.  When I saw this one it reminded me of my Johnny West horse, Flame. 
 Don't you agree there are some similarities?  I thought there was a palomino one, but that must still be at my mothers house.  This bay is one of J's.  Maybe this is why he is so attracted to solid bay horses. 
But I found this one on Ebay.   I knew Flame came as a palomino.  
 After a few laps, she was done and she settled down fine for the farrier.

3 comments:

C said...

Yes yes yes - Draper == Flame!! Nice shots

Jen said...

Total blast from the past for me - I grew up playing with my mom's old Johnny West horses, but I haven't thought about them in decades at this point! She definitely looks like the palomino.

Shirley said...

Love it when they give you photo ops like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...