Sunday, November 21, 2021

Secret Ingredient

Ok, maybe not so secret because it goes right on top.  But a very important ingredient all the same in my sweet potato casserole.  And we are definitely heading into sweet potato casserole season. 
I headed out with the 4 wheeler and buggy a few weeks ago and picked up a load of walnuts.  I still have plenty from the last couple of years, but you never know what year the trees may not have any or when the zombie apocalypse is coming and you need walnuts.  Plus, I have a new handy dandy walnut cracker that I got for Christmas last year and that definitely needs to be put to use.   So, after letting them dry for a couple of weeks I have been picking them out of the husks. 
J helped some with this part.  Then abracadabra....
secret ingredient.   But these are actually last year's because this year's need to dry inside the shell more.   Maybe I will take a short video of the abracadabra part sometime.  
 

2 comments:

C said...

Yum yum yum.

Shirley said...

I would love to see the abracadabra part- I crack walnuts with a hammer to the tip and laboriously pick the innards out. One way I store them is in a jar covered with honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...