Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Constant Battle

We wage a constant battle over trying to keep a water gap over the creek.  Whenever the water gets up, something floats down and takes out the wire.  The cattle are due to move across the creek soon so I went with Joe to help fix the gaps again.
It is a wide expanse.
One strand of barb wire is all we try to keep across it.
I felt sort of bad walking across, the rocks were solid with little snails.  I could feel them crunch under my beach shoes. 
One down and onto the next.  The water is a good deal deeper here. 
But it was no match for Joe and his waders.  But he has to be careful.  Waders and barb wire are not a good match. 
Two gaps back in place.  Now it’s ready for some cattle again. 

1 comment:

C said...

I feel a quote from Rosanne Roseannadanna coming on "It's always something"

I hope you win the battle of the water gap :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...