Sunday, June 12, 2022

Spontaneous Trip

Thursday night I suggested we go the the beach.  Joe said ok, we can leave tomorrow.  What? That spontaneous?  We checked with Mike and Virginia and they said they could do the farm chores.  Then Friday after lunch we loaded up Zipper and Kit Kat and took them to the clinic to make sure we would still have them when we got back.  So here we are, at the beach. 
The shark tooth hunting hasn’t been too great yet.
They are working on rebuilding the  dunes after they were damaged by a hurricane and erosion.  Those are little rows of sea oats that are being planted.  I liked the circular pattern they are making by being blown around by the wind. 
I have been trying to identify some birds.  I think these are common grackles.  I am sure Emily will let me know if I am wrong. 
I thought this might look a little like an ape face. 
We have walked to the pier a few times.  The weather has been nice, a little rain today though. 
A couple of more days and we will be back home. 

 

1 comment:

C said...

So glad you could take the spontaneous trip :)

This line made me smile "to make sure we would still have them when we got back"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...