Friday, April 21, 2023

Fracture Repair

One of our staff members had a cat that broke it’s leg.  Because the fracture was into a joint, a cast or splint would not work.  So they wanted surgery.
I had never fixed this particular type of fracture before but fortunately there are lots of YouTube videos on it.  (I wish that was availability when I first started years ago, I usually just laid all of the books out on the counter to refer to while I was operating.) But now I can go in much more prepared which is nice.
 

So an IM pin and a figure 8 tension band wire and it when together nicely.  It has been three weeks and the cat is doing fine.  I will probably have to pull the pin and wire in a few more weeks.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Very interesting! Lucky cat to have good vet work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...