Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Meter Disguise

When our house was build, they stuck the meter right on the front.  They said it was to make it easier for the meter reader.  I have been trying to disguise it ever since.
I made a trellis once. That stayed a few years.  Then I planted an arborvitae.  This worked out well until it outgrew the space.  I cut it down this spring. 

Next up is this old door that I dug out of the barn.  After removing the panels and hardware, scrubbing, sanding, scrubbing again, and painting, I replaced the panels with some leftover laminate.
 

I think it turned out well.  But now I have the challenge of installing it.
  I was thinking of a square wooden post on either side with a support across the top, then attach it like a door with hinges.  Any better ideas?

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That door was worth the effort- it looks great. Your plan is pretty much exactly what I would do.

C said...

I love it. I think having the door stand out from the house is good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...