Friday, April 28, 2023

Three Disappointments And A Smile

I have been working more in the yard recently.  There is lots of good stuff happening but also a few disappointments.

 First, is this variegated yucca that appears to be dying.  I have had it for about 3 years so I don’t really know what happened.
The other one is still doing fine.

I learned about this plant, blue sea holly, while watching my British gardening shows.  I had never heard of it before but I thought it looked stunning.  So I have been on the lookout for it.  I found it at Walmart.  I bought two.
They came in solid colored bags so I could not see what they looked like.
The first one was what I expected.
Then next one was just a hollow skin.  Looks like I will have to make another trip to Walmart to return this mess.
Then when I was planting some other things, I noticed this allium.  The cold weather really did a number on it.  I will have to wait another year to see it bloom.
It is still raining, 2 inches so far.  Maggie is keeping close watch over her herd.
And this little smiling goat just looks like he is up to no good.

Kid count - 84

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...