Monday, August 17, 2026

Ebay Splurge

I know that I do not need more stuff.  But sometimes it is hard to help myself.  Especially when something so rare is available.  I bought about 58 pieces of Spode Herring's Hunt at an auction around 40 years ago.  I have only added about 6 pieces since.  That is until now. 
I had been watching these soup bowls and saucers for several weeks.  I eventually decided that I would be more upset by not getting them than getting them.  So I bought them.  
I didn't realize it from the Ebay pictures, 
but the bowls have two images. 
Plus, there is an image on the saucers.  
I think they look amazing with my collection.  I was very curious as to where the seller had gotten them since I rarely see any of this pattern.  So sent her this picture and asked.  This was her reply...


This is so beautiful and warms my heart!

 

Now I will have more to be on the look out for. 

1 comment:

C said...

What a back story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...