Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Two Riders, Two Mounts

I picked up Sadie and Allie after school today and brought them home with me.  It seems like kidnapping is the only way to get them here to ride. 
And as luck would have it, Joe was available to help out.  It was decided that Allie would ride Clyde.  
And Joe had that under control.  
And look who Sadie got to ride, Otoelene.  Sadie wasn't quite as confident on Otoelene.  Going from a small pony to a full size horse can be intimidating.  Plus, Otoelene is much more sensitive to cues.  At one point, Sadie said she had been practicing her clicking and proceeded to demonstrate.  Otoelene started trotting.  

She has a much smoother trot than Clyde and no posting was needed.  
Allie was even brave enough to give Otoelene a treat.  
Sadie has gotten so much taller.  I'm sure it won't be long until she is riding around by herself on Otoelene.   And everyone was in a better mood without having to take turns.  And did you notice their clothes.  I am now keeping jeans at my house to make sure they have riding clothes.  
Golden Boy got a little attention too.  He even got a treat.  
Back at the house, the girls wanted to pick flowers.  
I put Sadie in charge of the clippers.  Allie told her which flowers she wanted.  

And they brought me back a beautiful bouquet.  
Allie wanted a snack, but since it was dinner time, I said no.  Taco salad was ready in a jiff and they had 4R beef and tomatoes from the garden that they picked.  Plus, flowers decorating their places.  
After dinner, I told Sadie we could practice drawing flowers.  

 I showed her how to draw cosmos.  Then she asked to be shown how to draw a dahlia.  Next, she wanted to draw the salvia.  I said, just look at it and see what shape it is.  She drew that without any other instructions.  I think she did fabulous.  But the real treat was what she said she wouldn't just have to draw daisies anymore.   When Virginia saw Sadie's drawing, she said it was suitable for framing. 

I guess Camp Mimi has turned into an after school program.  

1 comment:

C said...

The girls with Golden Boy - so cute :)
What lucky little girls to get to go to Camp Mimi (and Joe) after school. Smart to keep jeans for them. Sadie's drawing of flowers - wow - well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...