In case you haven’t noticed, spelling and writing do not come natural to me. Case in point, the title of this blog post. Spell check did not like how I was trying to spell it. So I googled the word and found out it is an uncommon variant of reinforcing. But to me, posting about a horse event, I just see rein forcing. So I am sticking with my archaic spelling.
Anyway, I thought it would be good to follow up on my successful ride yesterday, by repeating it today. Golden Boy was there to say hi. The barn work went fine. I rode past the cattle guard. Otoelene was acting more like her old self and so was I. No singing was needed. And I was even able to let my mind wander at think about things like I use to when I rode.
We went further today, past the two neighbors at to the far gate leading back into our farm.
As I was thinking about what to write about the ride, how well it was going and all, Otoelene spooked and bolted because of a squirrel. No harm done and we continued on. She didn't spook at the cattle, she usually like those. But there was one hiding behind the bushes, up to her belly in mud making odd sucking sounds as she was moving. That did take our attention.
The spooky abandoned house and outbuildings were not an issue either.
I think a second hour long ride was just what we needed to reenforce our success.






No comments:
Post a Comment