Sorry about the long break. I will post about what I have been doing later. But for today, I reached a milestone. It may not sound like much, but to me it was monumental. This was the first time since my accident that I rode Otoelene past the cattle guard and up the gravel road. (those of you new to my blog can read about the start of the accident HERE)
The weather was nice, there weren't too many flies, and Otoelene was her usual calm self.
So, why not go further.I made it to the road and went as far as the next neighbor's house, about a mile away.
Otoelene was cool as a cucumber. I, on the other hand was getting by, by singing Amazing Grace. Don't worry, I didn't record that. But by the time we turned around, I decided I was fine too.
And we got the see the cattle guard from the other direction this time.
Golden Boy, (probably his real name now) was glad to see us return. And I'm glad to have gotten back in one piece. You never know what will happen from one minute to the next. This week, a local rider had a tree fall on her while trail riding. It broke her neck. She may end up paralyzed. I pray for her recovery. I was lucky enough to walk away.
And we got the see the cattle guard from the other direction this time.
Golden Boy, (probably his real name now) was glad to see us return. And I'm glad to have gotten back in one piece. You never know what will happen from one minute to the next. This week, a local rider had a tree fall on her while trail riding. It broke her neck. She may end up paralyzed. I pray for her recovery. I was lucky enough to walk away.






No comments:
Post a Comment