Saturday, May 29, 2010

Show Season 2010

The girls went to their first horse show of the season today. There hasn't been a lot of riding to prepare for the show (at least not as much as I would have like to see), but the horses for the most part did ok.
Pep was very consistent in her classes, she picked up her leads and was very quiet.
E really likes her new professional looking show shirt. Now she says the only thing that she needs is a saddle with more silver. I'm drawing the line at that. The judging of the western classes was chaotic at best. Most of the good horses started scratching after about 3 classes. In E's Western go as you please class a saddlebred won, and in the western pleasure walk/jog, the horse that most resembled a saddlebred won. There was an adult western pleasure class where a Tennessee Walking horse beat a professional looking QH. E ended up with a 3rd, 4th and 5th (in my unbiased opinion it should have been 2nd, 2nd, and 1st.)
I think V has only ridden Jessica maybe 3 times this year. So predictably she was unpredictable.
She placed 3rd out of 14 in her first class then proceeded to buck and take off in the next 2 classes. The judge told V that her horse had a pinched nerve in her back and needed to see a chiropractor. I think the pinched nerve was in the judges brain.
I was very proud of V for braiding Jessica's mane by herself. I think she had been fooling me the last two years telling me she didn't know how.
It does look like a rats nest when the braids are undone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...