Friday, June 17, 2011

More Thistles

We are now on to trying to control thistles the old fashioned way.
 By chopping them.
 I had the hoe.
J had the maddock.  We had to walk in rows up and down the field chopping the thistles that were in our part of the grid.  I've been reading the Lincoln Rhyme's books by Jeffery Deaver and that's all I could think about "walking the grid".  I think I made more progress spraying but the effect is instantaneous with chopping.  There is never a lack of things to do here.

3 comments:

The JR said...

As long as you can kill them before the seed head emerges, either way should work.

Although, I prefer spraying with the temps here around 100 degress right now in MS.

Alica said...

There's always something, isn't there?! Happy chopping...they can be a mess...my husband is out spraying this afternoon too.

Crystal said...

Wow that sounds like way more work than spraying, but sure would a difference quick!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...